Tuesday, July 25, 2006

JOB ENVIRONMENT

There have been changes the past few weeks.

I have been busy with training at my second job at a call center, working on other internet projects (for update check Jan's Idea Box), and occasionally getting some rest!
It has been quite the change of job environments going from the relaxed atmoshere of the group home to the structured environment of a large call center.
    The group home-I come in and check with the other staff how things have been since I worked last. I ask resident how He's been. When I am done catching up, I get a glass of water. I check the communication log. I look around the house to see what needs to be done. I do a few chores. I start dinner. Sit on couch and watch TV with resident while he listens to TV.
      The call center-I get there 15 minutes before my shift starts. I put my lunch in the refrigerator. I get my phone headset from my locker. I put everything at my pod. I go to CCC's pod, check clipboard when my breaks will be (write the times down), initial by my name, and check my folder. I return to my pod. I plug in my headset, get out my pen, notebook, notes (I'm still learning), and my glasses. I bring up 2 screens on the computer using my sign in name, number, and password and the company website. I log in on the phone, using my phone log in number. I wait till I can sign on (no more than 7 minutes before my scheduled start time) and sign on. I double check I did everything and I am ready to answer the phones. I push the button that makes me available to answer the phone (which shoud be at exactly my scheduled start time) and start taking women's clothing orders.

      1 Comments:

      At February 10, 2007 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

      it was good i like it keep on goneing writing

       

      Post a Comment

      << Home