Saturday, June 17, 2006

UNCOMMON COURTESY

Courtesy goes a long way.

Not too long ago a fellow staff from another group home called to see if I could cover a shift. I told him that I was already scheduled for those hours. I let him know that if it was an emergency, the program coordinator could approve me going to that house instead, since the house I usually work at has several staff during shifts. I suggested he contact his house manager regarding the possibility.

I was impressed-he called me back to let me know that his manager was coming in anyways and she’d cover the shift! He thanked me. The simple courtesy of saying thank you and his prompt call back with an update was very much appreciated.

Take a few minutes to be courteous. Though common courtesies have become uncommon, you can make courtesy common when you are interacting with others. It will be more than worth those few minutes it takes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home