Saturday, June 10, 2006

CULTURAL DIVERSITY INFO

Be open to new cultures

In the group home I work at, I work with a few gentleman from Iran. They are hard working, dedicated, respectful, caring, and dependable young men. I have very much enjoyed learning about their culture. They don't take the oportunities available to us, here in the US, for granted. They don't find excuses not to succeed. They work towards a goal and are patient waiting for results of their work. They are responsible and make the best of situations. Listening to them as we work together has been inspiring to me. They make me smile and laugh during my shifts at the group home.

Many group homes have people who have come here from other countries. Many come to attend school. Group home schedules are compatable with school schedules. Group homes also will hire people with no experience and train them. These are some of the reasons this field is appealing to people from other countries.

I will be providing information on various cultures on this blog. It is hoped that learning about the cultures of a co-worker will make it that much easier to get to know them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home